Literafeelya Magazine

Literafeelya Magazine
"a literal source of n'ergy by way of ink!"

www.literafeelyamagazine.net

Communication, a word, which has lingered in my mind for the past two years, is screaming, "You must say something to the people that will help them understand the importance of Literafeelya Magazine." Now in 2006-future, it is relevant that publishing literature, art, and writing be the object of all my desires--destiny�. Communicating on an international level, by way of the Internet, I have had the pleasure of editing and publishing a wonderful online artistic-political magazine. The year 2005, undoubtedly was the best for me. As I look at the hits that have been tallied week after week, it has come full circle in my mind that what we do here is very important, and should be documented. The magazine started out with 100 hits back in 2003; today we are almost at 8,000--and counting. I thank you for taking the time to show the world that what we have to say has meaning, and can change minds/perspectives. Communication once again pops up in my head. It took awhile for me to understand what I wanted to do with my life. At the age of 23 I finally decided that I was a writer-publisher, and wanted to help others get their words out, by publishing a magazine that would challenge the status-quo! Allowing others the opportunity, through communication, by way of words, in an artistic fashion has been the mission. We have accomplished just that and will still continue to pursue higher heights. My mother used to walk in our two-bedroom apartment, and see on my walls, that I had made magazine covers in.2 collages. It didn�t dawn on me until I wrote a poem one day that this would be my lifelong passion�collecting magazines, writing, and publishing work. In addition, reading Nancy Drew mysteries, books by Judy Blume, Mildred Taylor, and of course the ever-loving Babysitters Club always enthused my little brain and fingers�writing book reports on these important authors for class. Today you can�t beat me buying magazines from all walks of life, and continuing to build my library that has amassed well over 500 books. Communicating with each other is the most vital part of the 21st century. We all can play a part in this by taking a stand on issues that are important to us. Whether by discussing issues on the radio, writing articles, and producing art, this is the time to do it. As you plan to dig in.2 this issue, #18, take the time to read works by writers who truly understand what it means to have a voice, and be heard. Open your mind to a new way of thinking and planning your future in the 21st century. As we continue to understand the issues of the world, the current state of Black America, and the plight of the next generation, communication is the most vital element that we can all use in order to get points across--making a difference. I recently went to see an art show by Glenn Ligon, housed in the Contemporary Art Museum of Houston, TX. It was indeed a visual conception of communication that I once forgot that I possessed, creating collages. Understand that we all play a part in getting out our own issues that we do not feel are kosher and vice-versa. I will now begin to take upon that challenge and create my visual impressions of life for the world to CEE. It is up 2.U. to display that internal knowledge that the Supreme Being has given you to share with the world as well. Literafeelya Magazine is one branch of my tree that he has given me to share with you. Thank you for accepting it. It has been a challenge, but you have received it well. I see literature and magazine publishing on the Internet as the catalyst of the next major movement in our history. "Art in the 21st Century: What's Yo' Flavah," is definitely representing for the masses. Get down wit it. Read. Read. Dig in. Sit back, vibe, recollect. Write to the magazine about your issues, and above all else share this publication with someone you know. Literafeelya now has its archived site up; and you can get the first beginnings of our conception at http://www.freewebs.com/mosheflow/. Remember to stay up, Believe N.U., and the Written-Word.... One Luv to Black History Month and Women's History Month! Holla.Black & Enjoy! KYM -aka- So.Fly

www.literafeelyamagazine.net